The following are sites I find useful as a musician, teacher, and violinist. The list includes links for personal motivation, business development, and the organizations and people whose work interests me.
Delgani String Quartet
– The homepage for my professional string quartet with upcoming concerts and detailed information about the nonprofit organization.
– Site devoted to the psychology of performance in music and other fields.
– The Else Borges Foundation is a non-profit organization increasing awareness of the arts and sponsoring ambitious projects in central Pennsylvania.
– Homepage for the city of Eugene’s own symphony orchestra.
– Free database of printed music that is now in the public domain.
– Summer festival for high school students in Fort Collins, Colorado, which focuses exclusively on chamber music.
– The Musician’s Way is an excellent site offering advice on everything from practice strategy to small business development.
– Based in Eugene, the Oregon Bach Collegium presents historically informed performances of early music.
– Composer-violinist Roger Zahab’s website with links to many of his compositions… modern, fresh, and accessible.
– Centered around David Cutler’s The Savvy Musician, this site is an all-in-one resource for the business savvy.
– Visit the Suzuki Association of the Americas for more information on the philosophy of this teaching method.
– The Sassmannshaus method of violin training offers excellent practice charts and repertoire suggestions I use to supplement the Suzuki curriculum.
– West Branch International Music Academy and Festival run by violinist Odin Rathnam.